Graphic Design, Communications, Training, Marketing, Branding, Social Media Professional
Champion of communications and design, creating innovative and effective campaigns using internet and social media tools, with a track record of building and implementing successful marketing projects. Maintains solid design principles while keeping up-to-date with constantly evolving technologies in social networking, blogosphere, software and search engines. Passionate about creativity, usability and working closely with clients to ensure successful product delivery.
- HTML, CSS, PHP
- Facebook, Twitter
- Email Marketing
- FTP Tools
- Video Editing
- CMS Tools
- Google Products
- Apple OS
- Windows OS
- Marketing Strategies and Campaigns
- Corporate Communications
- Product Positioning and Branding
- Web and Print Content Development
- Training, Workshops and Presentations
- Development of Training Materials
- Sales Collateral and Support
- New Product Launch
Profile and Value
- Respected creator of branding strategies, social media campaigns, multimedia applications and communications.
- 15 years of experience leading marketing and internal communications for companies across diverse industries.
- Conceptualizes and orchestrates marketing campaigns that effectively build brand images.
- Technical, conceptual and content development of sales-driving collateral.
- Proven ability to execute successful product launches.
- Ability to communicate on various levels with artists, corporate clients, media contacts and technical developers.
- Demonstrates successful layout and design work in both online and print mediums.
- Experienced in digital imaging, including photo editing and restoration with Adobe Photoshop.
- Outstanding copywriter.
- Engaging presenter with experience training various subjects in diverse environments.
- Develops and manages online marketing campaigns for effectively driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic to social media pages.
- Achieves a strong, visible social media presence and develops concepts. Continuously monitors online public relations and ensures the success of client products.
JabberWocky Media, LLC, Freelance Designer
Spring Hill, TN, 1992 – Present
- Build Wordpress and HTML websites that showcase client platform through graphics and content.
- Help entrepreneurs become more effective marketers by educating them to update and maintain a Wordpress site.
- Design branding logos, illustrations, web graphics and T-shirts. Create concept and copy for websites, brochures, ads, email campaigns, sales collateral and marketing materials for diverse clients and projects.
- Created transformative site redesign that increased traffic and visitor interaction on Jeannette Maw's Good Vibe Blog, resulting in a loyal community following allowing her to grow her practice and entrepreneurial efforts.
- Built My Stars Online, an innovative and interactive pay-per-view online experience featuring celebrity property tours.
- Created best-selling student planner for Ohio University Student Alumni Board.
- Corporate clients have included: LBMC Technologies, InetStrategy and Creatively Fit
Love Wine More, Online Retailer
Spring Hill, TN, 2006 – 2010
- Created and operated online retail store featuring RoJaus Wine Decanters.
- Performed extensive market research to promote site through Wordpress blog, SEO and social media outlets .
- Managed all aspects of business including branding and marketing, shopping cart integration, credit card gateways, bookkeeping, customer and manufacturer relations.
- Ensured Love Wine More became only independent retailer of product through manufacturer relationship.
- Designed manufacturer logo and company website.
- Painted custom artwork for special edition product accessories.
- Developed and launched integrated online and direct marketing campaign.
Deloitte, Graphics Technology Analyst
Hermitage, TN , Dec. 1997 – Jan. 2003
- Designed and built website interfaces, animations, marketing materials, identity campaigns, custom illustrations, photo collages for corporate initiatives. Design work was featured both online and in print.
- Developed and conducted corporate training seminars.
- Subject matter expert in Photoshop and Flash.
- Presented Photoshop, Flash and Principles of Graphic Design training to colleagues nationwide.
Nashville State Community College, Instructor
Nashville, TN, Aug. 2000 – Aug. 2002
- Developed and taught Advanced Photoshop classroom curriculum to degree-seeking students.
- Created Overview of Web Tools course for online presentation.
- Taught Beginning Photoshop in online environment.
John Deal Company, Senior Artist
Mt. Juliet, TN, Jan. 1997 – Dec. 1997
Prepared client orders for press by creating artwork, adjusting trapping and printing film separations.
Trained new employee in art department operations.
Cumberland County Playhouse, Publications Specialist
Crossville, TN, June 1994 – Jan. 1997
- Designed and coordinated production of four-color brochures, newsletters, CD packaging, show logos, posters, programs, T-shirts, advertising, direct mail pieces, signs, billboards, flyers, letterheads, displays and souvenirs.
- Shot photographs for press releases, brochures and archives.
- Featured Artist, L'Ete du Vin fundraiser, Nashville, TN, 2007
- Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop, 2001
- Award of Excellence for Spotlight Newsletter, Printing Industry Association of the South, 1996
- Most Improved Publication Award, Spotlight Newsletter, International Association of Business Communicators, Nashville Chapter, 1995
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Ohio University
- School of Visual Communications, specialized in informational graphics, graphic design and fine arts